Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Today is Aaron's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AJ!!!!!


It is also Kerrigan's 36th week in the womb birthday! According to my weekly email update: Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

Back to Aaron's birthday... even though I am out of school, I still got up at 7 to make Aaron waffles. Wow, I'm such a great wife! But I figure I can take a nap later if I need to. ;) Plus, I won't be sleeping in much longer, so I should try and get used to it. Marley gave him another Home Depot gift card--I see a new grill in the future. I also got him some new soccer shoes... or "boots" as futbol players call them.

Speaking of soccer, Kerrigan has been told by her daddy not to come out on the following days: June 12, June 18 or June 23. Why, you ask? Well, the US Men's National Team plays in the World Cup on these days. Daddy would have a hard time choosing between the two. HAHAHAH!!! She should come out on one of these days so we can see what he would really choose. Just kidding, Aaron!!!

Yesterday, I went to the doctor. I had a CST test first. I asked the nurse what the difference was between an NST and a CST. She said with the NST, they are looking to see if the heartbeat can accelerate 15 beats for 15 seconds at a time--3 times. I think I explained that in an earlier post. Anyway, with a CST, they are watching for contractions to see how the baby responds to them. My results were fine. I had some contractions during the test, so that was what they were looking for. They didn't hurt or anything--later Dr. Tamucci said they were "false contractions" and that I would for sure be able to feel the real ones! At one point, I did have to do something to stimulate contractions, but I am not going to write about it on this blog!

Even though I wasn't having an NST, the nurse still wanted to see if her heart rate would accelerate, so she put this little "zapper" thing on my belly and it gave her a jolt. She was definitely awake after that! I thought Kerrigan was going to jump out of my stomach, she moved so much. It was kind of crazy! After that, she moved around a lot. She had been really still up until that point. My blood pressure was pretty normal throughout the test. But when I got to the doctor's office--they checked it there and it was high. My doctor said, "What's up with that?!" But after looking at my blood pressures from earlier, she thought it was probably just a fluke. Anyway, I am now 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Kerrigan's head is also "in the right position." I asked what position that was and Dr. Tamucci said her head was headed down. My blood work and urine tests were fine. I also measured fine. I go back on Monday for another CST and an ultrasound. I'm anxious to see how big KJ is. I am hoping the gestational diabetes hasn't made her too large. We'll see soon, though.

Dr. Tamucci had anticipated that I would do fine with the CST tests, but she said it's just something they do with all high blood pressure patients. She did tell me to be on the lookout for "high blood pressure signs." There are 3: (1) intense headaches, (2) seeing spots or having blurry vision where you can't focus and (3) having pain above your right abdomen, where your liver is. I'll be paying close attention for sure!

Yesterday, I went to Storkland and got two little "do-dads" to go on Kerrigan's wall. Since the new pictures on her wall are of a butterfly and flower, and her mobile has butterflies hanging from it, I decided to stay with that theme. So I got a pink, glittery butterfly and a pink, glittery flower to hang up. I'm so surprised at how much pink I'm allowing in this child's room! I called Aaron to tell him what I got and was asking if I should get anything else. I'm glad I called him because I was about to get a third "do-dad" of either a ladybug or a caterpillar... except, these were green and not pink. He kindly said, "I don't know if the green will look good since the wall is green." DUH!!! Pregnancy brain at it's worse. I can't believe I wasn't thinking about that. Oh well. Like I said, glad I called him.

I want to go to Kirkland's today to look about a nightlight I saw online.


I also want to see if they have some sort of lamp to put in the room, too. At Storkland, they were too... oh, what's the word? I can't think of it now, but let's just say, not my style. Haha. Anyway, I hope to be able to knock those out today. Then the only thing we'll really need to get for the room is a monitor. We were leaning more towards a video monitor. Anyone have any advice?

There are a few things in her closet that need to come out, but they are for the kitchen. I have to clean out and rearrange some cabinets first. I would like to get that done sometime this week or this weekend. The earlier I can get stuff done, the better I'll feel! When Kerrigan is older, we are going to read all of these blog posts together so she can see all the hard work we put in before she came along. :)

Here's a picture from a website of Kerrigan's stroller, carseat and pack and play. I don't think I have put pictures of them up here yet. We have all three and I'm excited to get to use them soon!


We went to eat with Megan and the boys last night at Logan's. Those two are a MESS! :) We are going to eat at Petruccelli's tonight for Aaron's birthday with my parents, Megan and the boys. Brad is in Georgia working this week, so he won't be able to make it. No comment on that situation!

More to come after my next doctor's appointment (unless something HUGE happens before then!).

lj

4 comments:

  1. Tell Aaron not to worry! They have TV's in the hospital rooms. ;-)

    Check Home Goods for lamps. That's where we found AJ's.

    Can't believe you're getting so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...

    You could do something like this (with a K of course):
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/39089085/childrens-girl-kids-candy-pink-brown?ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=pink+and+brown+lamp+shade&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title


    This reminds me of her chair... http://www.etsy.com/listing/44521221/chocolate-brown-and-pink-large-polka-dot

    You could do just a regular pink ceramic vase with this shade for not very much moolah.


    But I don't know what her bedding looks like up close, so it might not work!

    Happy B'day Aaron!

    Love the cute stroller and carseat!

    Oh, and "hooray" for good test results :)

    Love-Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes and presents baby! I love you! And i ESPECIALLY love you dropping some soccer knowledge...I'm so proud of you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips, ladies! Emily, I was thinking HomeGoods, too. I have a gift card for that store... hmmmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete