Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend at the Pool & Kerrigan Update

Well, no luck last week getting a lamp for Kerrigan's room or that night light that I showed a picture of on the last blog. But we did find a very pretty butterfly night light that looks really good when it is lit up. It almost looks like stained glass.

I spent the weekend at my parents' pool, which was very nice. On Saturday, we had our biannual family get together with my late grandmother's sister's family. There were close to 30 people there! Unfortunately Brad couldn't come home from Georgia this weekend, so he wasn't able to make it. But the boys did a great job in the water. They were getting more comfortable in the pool with Guncle (Aaron) and Pop (my dad). And I swear Carson and Parker ate a whole watermelon!! It was hilarious seeing all the juice running down their bellys. I'm stealing a picture from Megan's blog:



On Sunday, my mom and I went to eat at The Bright Star. Then we came back to the pool again. I was able to float on a raft and lay on my stomach! I can't even remember the last time I was able to lie on my stomach, but it was nice. Nice to feel weightless in a pool and not like a ton of bricks!!

I have been having contractions--not labor contractions--but I have been able to feel them more these days. I guess it has something to do with approaching my due date!! I am still getting swollen feet and ankles even though I'm not working. I can't wait for that to stop!

Yesterday, Aaron and I went to my doctor's appointment. We started out with lunch at Momma Goldberg's in Homewood. Then we got to the hospital and I had my CST first. Once again, the nurse was looking to see how the baby was going to respond to contractions. I was also supposed to have 3 contractions in 10 minutes, which I did. My blood pressure was fine throughout the test, but I was lying down for 20+ minutes. Once the test was finished, we went up to Dr. Tamucci's office for my checkup. When they checked my blood pressure again, it was high... I want to say 150/96. Last week when it was high, she thought it may have been a fluke. However, this time, I think she was more concerned since it had been high two weeks in a row. She thought the blood pressure they checked was probably more accurate because it's my "walking around" blood pressure. While I was having my CST, I was lying down and not moving for a significant amount of time.

Anyway, she wants me to come back Wednesday to check everything out again. She wanted me to do another urine sample so they could check for protein in my urine, which I later found out at home is a sign of toxemia (or preeclampsia). Her main concern is that my blood pressure has been fine throughout my pregnancy, even though I have high BP anyway. Now, these past 2 visits, it has been high. So she told Aaron and I that she wants to check me again on Wednesday. If she is not satisfied, then we may have to do something on Thursday. Even though she is a firm believer in letting nature take its course and having patients go into labor on their own, she doesn't want to risk me getting toxemia. She wants to for sure wait until I'm full term--which is 37 weeks. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. So where we stand now is that Kerrigan will be here sooner than the 30th because the doctor wants to do something between 37 and 39 weeks. It could even be at the end of this week! Who knows? I will find out more tomorrow when I go back, I suppose! I am now close to 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.

So it's a little scary, but also exciting to know that she really is VERY close to being here! After Dr. Tamucci left the room, Aaron and I both looked at each other in shock! I wish someone was there to take our picture!

Then I had an ultrasound and the baby is fine. My amniotic fluid levels were good (thank you Crystal Light, water and decaf tea with Splenda!). She measured her, but since her head was so far down, she indicated it might not be the most accurate measurement. But according to her measurements, she was 6.7 pounds (which is what Aaron and I both weighed when we were born--crazy!!).

She looks less like an alien these days! But apparently the older a baby gets, the harder it is to see her on an ultrasound... her face is far down and squished. But I thought it was a pretty decent picture:



I'm trying to take it easy... watching out for headaches or vision changes. I did feel nauseous last night when I got in bed. I'm not sure what that's all about, but it went away. I need to make a mental note to tell Dr. Tamucci that tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm very anxious for 11 a.m. tomorrow to get here. Wondering what my blood pressure will be, wondering if I had protein in my urine yesterday, wondering if I'm going to have a baby in the next few days!!! So surreal!

So last night, I had Aaron install the car seat bases in our cars! Call it jumping the gun, but I want to be prepared!

Later this afternoon, our window treatment will be here and hung up. So I will try and get pictures of that posted soon.

lj

No comments:

Post a Comment