Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No baby K... yet...

Aaron and I went back to the doctor today to have my blood pressure checked. It was back down to normal. I don't remember the exact reading, but something like 110/70. So since it was not high, Dr. Tamucci didn't see any reason to induce. I also lost 2 pounds!! This is probably due to the fact that I went to the doctor before lunch today and right after lunch on Monday. Oh well...

The tests that she ran on Monday were normal and she mentioned again that the ultrasound was normal. Now I will go back on Monday for another CST and checkup.

Dr. T did mention how there are pros and cons to both letting nature take its course and inducing. With letting Kerrigan decide when she's ready, it allows her to stay in the womb longer and allow her to grow some more and will help her lungs adapt to the real world. However, her staying in there could also lead to me having high blood pressure, which could potentially be a dangerous situation. With inducing, it would allow her to come on out without the possibility of me getting toxemia. This in turn keeps my health out of jeopardy. However, her due date is still 3 weeks away and she may not be able to adjust well to the real world. She may have to go to the NICU if she were to have trouble breathing or eating. It's just one of those situations where we will just wait and see. Dr. Tamucci said this is the reason she's been running all of the tests on me--just to make sure everything is okay. I'm confident that if she thinks it is time, then she will do what she needs to do.

So basically our next step is for me to go back Monday and get checked out. That is, if Kerrigan doesn't decide she is ready to come out before then. I still don't think I'll make it to the 30th.

Thanks to my mom's friend Debby Godfrey for making the window treatment for Kerrigan's room! She finished putting it up today and the finished product is great! I am really happy with how it turned out. Here are some pictures:









Also, Kerrigan's big brother Father (AKA: Fahj) was checking out her room tonight:



So the other night, I posted to my Facebook this status: "Anyone have any suggestions on a good baby monitor? We are leaning towards a video monitor... didn't know if any of you had used one before." The results--Video: 5, Audio: 5, Uncle Dave: "let the lil bugger just cry...teaches him coping skills. lol haha jk of course :)" Thanks, Dave. LOL!

So this made me confused--what else is new? But we did some research and knowing my paranoid self, I would probably be watching her all the time anyway, so we decided on the Angelcare Deluxe Movement Monitor. I went to Babies 'R Us and got it today. Hopefully we'll be happy with our choice. But I thank everyone for their help and suggestions!

I also needed a pedicure in a bad way, so I went ahead and got one this afternoon. I'm running out of time! I keep thinking that any time I leave the house to go to the doctor, I won't return until after Kerrigan's born. Then I won't have time to do much of anything! But it was very nice and relaxing. The place over by my house that I've been going to the past few times is well worth the $25.

Tonight, Megan and the boys brought some things over for Kerrigan. They are letting us borrow their swing, a baby gate and a tent to use at the beach or pool or anywhere outdoors. We finished setting up the swing and we tested out the gate with Marley while they were here. He stayed put in the kitchen, but he still whined because he wanted to play. He's up for a rude awakening pretty soon! :) Anyway, the boys LOVE their Guncle's guitar and I took some video of them singing. Pop taught them "Yellow Submarine" so they sung a little bit of that. Of course, by the end, it turned into the "Green Submarine" but it was very entertaining to say the least. You'll have to mute my iPod player so that it doesn't interfere with the video. They start singing around the 28-29 second mark, but the first part is pretty funny too.




Tomorrow (Thursday), I am meeting up with the 1st grade teachers for lunch. I was afraid I may not get to go but glad to get the chance. In the upcoming days before my next doctor's appointment, I plan to go to my parents' pool so I can relax. Anything I can do to keep my blood pressure down will be good. So Saturday, I probably should steer clear of Aaron while he watches the US play in their first World Cup game. He can get pretty intense! ;)

Until next time...

lj

2 comments:

  1. I love the window treatment...very cute! Also, the video was AWESOME. I watched it twice! They are the cutest little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE how the nursery turned out! I can't believe that you will have K in your arms soon (awe). Stay strong--I know you're probably miserable right now; but, you can do it! She has to "cook" just a bit longer ;) Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete