Monday, June 14, 2010

She's Almost Here!

37 weeks and 2 days...





Tomorrow (Tuesday, June 15) is the big day! I will be induced in the morning! We have to be there at 6:30 a.m.

Aaron and I went to my doctor's appointment earlier this afternoon. I had a CST test again and we had to do some things to stimulate contractions. She wasn't moving much--we had just had lunch beforehand. I think she was pretty content in her surroundings. Probably just laid back...chilling. Plus I had a turkey sandwich, so the Tryptophan must have been working for her! But finally, she got really excited and was flipping all over the place. Then I finally had 3 contractions within a 10 minute period. While I was being tested, my blood pressure was in the 140s over 70s & 80s while I was lying down. The nurse asked if I had been having blood pressure issues. That would be a big YES!

So then we went to my doctor's office. After getting it checked by Dr. Tamucci's nurse, it was 156/90. We had to wait for a little bit while Dr. Tamucci did a C-section on a patient. But when she finally got back, she saw my blood pressure, checked to see that I was 3 cm dilated and asked how I'd been doing and feeling. She also was checking out my swollen feet. I told her it was just getting harder to move around, I had had some vision issues (nothing too alarming) and I was nauseous one night. So her response, "Well, I think it's time to have a baby. What do you think about tomorrow?" Whoa, total shock!!!! Another camera in the room would have been priceless to get mine and Aaron's facial reactions.

So we will go in at 6:30 a.m. to be induced. I think with having so many higher readings lately, she thought this would be the best scenario just to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

I can't eat or drink anything after midnight, so we went to Cracker Barrel with my parents, Carson & Parker. I ate pretty good, I must say, so hopefully that will help me tomorrow.

I'm hesitant to put these next pictures up because I feel like I don't even look like myself! But I guess that's the joy of being almost 38 weeks pregnant.

Aaron and I--the last night we are a family of 2:


My mom and I--the last night she only has grandsons:


I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog again, but I hope to at least get some pictures posted soon. Please keep us in your prayers!

We'll see how well we sleep tonight. It's just like Christmas Eve! Hopefully our anxiety won't get the best of us!

lj

1 comment:

  1. OH LEAH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! It's 9:30 now and you've been at the hospital 3 hours now... I"m thinking of your family and praying for you... can't wait to meet baby Kerrigan!!!

    ReplyDelete