Thursday, May 6, 2010

More Things for the Room, Baby Tea, Anniversary, Doctor's Appointment

Okay, it's a good thing that there are only a few more weeks of school left because I am so tired. I mean, I get home and know that there is stuff that needs to be done like laundry, picking up, emptying/loading the dishwasher, etc., so I go ahead and do some of it. But it's a pain and just makes me more exhausted. We have got to clean this weekend. Kerrigan's room looks like a tornado has come through and she's not even born yet, we have random stuff all over the place and our floors could use a cleaning. Sorry, complaining... we need a maid. Wish we could afford one!!

Alright, so thinking back to when I last posted...

Last Friday, Jenni and I went to Staples to print my Thank You cards that Jenni designed. The guy who worked there was not very pleasant and talked to us like we were idiots. We finally got them printed, though. They are designed to look like the pattern on Kerrigan's bedding. They are so cute! Then I went to get tanned that evening...whoop, whoop!

On Saturday, Aaron and I went to Tuscaloosa with my parents to visit a baby store that my mom had been to--Lily Pads and Baby Bundles in Northport. We wanted to try and get some accessories/decorations for Kerrigan's room, but they really didn't have that many. However, we DID end up getting a rocking chair that was marked down about 50% and we got a rug for her room. The rocking chair looks more like a recliner that doesn't recline. It's brown with pink polka dots... cute and super comfy! We also got a pink "ruffle" rug. I don't really know how else to describe it. Once we get some things cleaned up, I'll have to take some pictures to post on here.

Sunday was my Baby Tea. Once again, it was raining on the day of a shower for Kerrigan. I bet she'll be born on a rainy day, too... hmmmmmm. Anyway, a lot of family, family friends and friends showed up and it was great to see everyone. I haven't seen a lot of the people who came in a long time!! Kerrigan got hooked up once more! She got a TON of cute clothes, a high chair, a bouncer, some blankets, a bouncy seat/activity center, some practical items from friends who are mom's and a ton of other great stuff. This is why her room is such a mess. We brought all the gifts inside and haven't done anything with them since Sunday night!! Weekend project!! I've started thank you notes... gotta finish those!!

The beginning of the week was pretty uneventful. Yesterday (Wednesday) was our THIRD anniversary!! I can't believe it has already been three years. It's also hard to believe that that was our last anniversary where it's just the two of us. After my doctor's appointment (I'll talk about later), I met up with Aaron. That morning, I had left Aaron's gift at home for him to see when he woke up...since he's still sleeping when I leave for work (gag!). (It was a gift card to Home Depot to put towards a grill, in case you were wondering. Hahahaha!) After I met him, he put on this big front that he didn't think I was going to get him anything so he didn't get me anything. We had to kill some time so we went to the store and Aaron asked if I wanted to pick my own card out--no thanks. LOL! So, we went to Ruth's Chris for dinner. I had never been there before, so I was excited! We came up to the table and there were BEAUTIFUL flowers on the table...colorful lilies...and lilies are my favorite. There were also some books to read while I'm laid up and some little UAB gear for Kerrigan (booties, cap and bib) that my dad had brought Aaron earlier. So Aaron was trying to act like he hadn't gotten me anything when he had really gone to the restaurant beforehand and left the stuff to surprise me. What a sweet and wonderful husband I have! We got steaks and shared some scalloped potatoes and a Caesar salad. That was THE BEST steak I have ever eaten in my life. To top it off, our waiter brought us a piece of chocolate mousse cheesecake on the house for our anniversary. Needless to say, I did not check my sugars last night!!!

My 32 week checkup was yesterday afternoon. The heartbeat sounded good and she showed me where she thought she was laying in my belly based on where I feel her moving and where the heartbeat is coming from. Then I was surprised when she told me I was going to get an ultrasound. It was very brief, but I did find out that Kerrigan was 4.1 pounds, which I think she said was in the 34th percentile. I wish that I would have made sure that's what she said because I can't find anything on the internet showing the percentile your child is in based on fetal weight. She did say that was normal though, so maybe 34th percentile is right. According to her length she measured 31 weeks and 5 days and I was 32 weeks so that's good. Seems that the gestational diabetes isn't causing her to be large. At least, I hope that's the case. I got a picture showing Kerrigan playing with her feet. How cute is that? We didn't really get a good picture of her face... it was kind of smashed up against the wall or whatever. I don't know proper terms, obviously. I was told to drink more water so the fluid won't get dangerously low.

My next appointment will be on the 19th. I have to get a Fetal Non-Stress Test. My doctor told me this was precautionary since I have high blood pressure. They are going to hook me up to check Kerrigan's heart rate for about 15 or 20 minutes just to monitor and make sure everything is okay. Apparently, I am "high risk" since I do have high blood pressure, gestational diabetes AND am a teacher--around germs, germs, germs. I have to do this test once a week until the baby comes. Wow.

I'm so thankful tomorrow is Friday. I have training all day, so I'm sure I'll be ready to snooze when that's over. I'll have to get in a Friday nap for sure.

I think it's time for me to put my feet up... they are very swollen.

lj

No comments:

Post a Comment