Thursday, April 29, 2010

Couples Shower & Furniture Update

On Saturday, we had our Couples Shower at Brad and Megan's house. It was a lot of fun! Despite the stormy weather, we had a great group show up. Megan made 2 Diaper Cakes.

Here's a picture of one:


We also had a lot of great food and we played some really fun games. Below are some pictures of our "Diaper Changing Relay Race." The girls won, of course!

Aaron needed a mask.


I am ready to win!


Aaron and I face off:


Ashley vs. Matt:


Megan vs. Chase:


Andrea vs. Jason:


Megan vs. Dustin (she was taking her sweet time--she's a pro after having twin boys):


We also got a lot of great stuff for Kerrigan! Thanks for all of our friends and family who were able to celebrate with us.



Tuesday night, Aaron's parents, twin brother Dave and our nephew Gavan came into town for a short visit. I had to work, but it was good for Aaron to get to spend some time with them since his parents live in Cincinnati and Dave & Gavan live in Tucson. The whole Douglas/Jordan clan went to eat last night at Jim 'N' Nick's. So if you were at the Hoover location and it took your food a while, I apologize. We had a party of 12! His family left this afternoon, but they were here when our furniture got delivered. Here's a picture (Paula's guide dog Babe and Marley included):



We went ahead and put the bedding on tonight and it looks great. It is really starting to become more real now that the furniture is in her room. We spent a little time taking some things from the closet and putting them in drawers in the dresser. We're going to adjust some of the shelves on the hutch so that we can use the dresser for a changing table. So we haven't really "organized" the shelves yet. We just put some things out that will go on them. It's hard to believe that in a little less than 9 weeks (if I make it to 40 weeks, that is), we'll have a little baby girl sleeping in there. Aaron said tonight that we'll be spending a lot of time (especially nights!) in that room coming up soon. Ain't that the truth?!









Hopefully I will have some time to relax this weekend because I am EXHAUSTED! This week just seems like it has been so long. Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday and counting tomorrow, there are only 20 more school days left. Yes, the countdown is indeed ON!

I will be getting my spray tan on tomorrow evening so that I can get some color on this pregnant bod. For most of the day Saturday I hope to lie on the couch with my feet propped because they have been swelling pretty badly these past couple of days. I would like to pack my hospital bag (just in case) sometime this weekend. It's just one of those things that will make me feel better if it gets done.

I do have my Baby Tea on Sunday, which I am really excited about.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Hopefully the weather won't be too crummy. Can't believe it will be May already...

lj

2 comments:

  1. The nursery is looking great! Have a great time Sunday. I'm sorry I won't be able to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I had to miss the shower but Stacy was in a wedding!! You are going to make a great mommy...you are lucky enough that you have an awesome mom to learn from. Beside if you can teach other peoples kids all day ...your own should be a piece of cake! do you think Kerrigan will like that root beer in the fancy brown bottles I use to get for you?
    I love you bunches ...
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete