Sunday, April 4, 2010

1st Baby Shower & Update on House Reorganization

On March 25, my 1st grade friends at HES threw Christin Brown and I our first baby showers. There are so many pregnant people at school, we all thought it would be easier to have a joint shower. I liked it because I knew the spotlight wouldn't be completely on me! I hate when I am the center of attention! Christin is having a baby boy and she's not due until August 1, but we are close enough! :) Of course, she does not look pregnant at all. I look like a cow... oh well.

Here are our cakes...mine is pink, green & yellow and Christin's is blue, green & yellow.





I got a lot of great stuff! Thanks to Julie for taking pictures for me... even though I am huuuuuuuuge!!

Kerrigan will surely be stylin’!


Gift cards!


About to open a picture frame from Phyllis & Cheryl... can’t wait to put a picture of Kerrigan inside!


Christin & I before we started to open gifts



Mom & I... had to have a cupcake even though I should watch my sweets due to gestational diabetes. I got one with not much icing, so I tried.


Christin & I after the shower was over


The top of the cupcakes by the umbrella



Mom & Libby (one of my friend Jenni’s twin girls)... guess she’s getting her practice in since the boys are now 3!


A boppy, bib, bear lovey, & socks



Polka dot bib & burp pad... looks similar to Kerrigan’s bedding


We have two more showers coming up in the next few weeks. I am really excited to get more stuff for my sweet girl!

Aaron & I worked more in the house this weekend. On Thursday night, his friend Matt came over to help move a love seat out of the previously-called "Trophy Room", now "New guest bedroom" into the garage in order to make room for the bed from the other spare bedroom. Thanks Matt for helping! Aaron put up some more shelves in the closet of the new guest bedroom so we could better organize all the stuff I had left out on the floor when I cleaned it out last weekend. The picture doesn't really show it justice. I really should have done before and after shots... oh well. We have a lot of stuff so the extra shelves really helped.

Don't mind the stuff that just looks flung in there... we have a pile of things to get framed at the bottom of the closet.


After getting everything stored nicely in the new guest bedroom, we (well Aaron really... I just helped guide the box spring in) moved the bed from the previous guest bedroom/now Kerrigan's room into the new guest bedroom. We also moved some things around in the new guest bedroom and put some stuff that would no longer fit into the attic. Aaron, who works in college athletics & is a HUGE sports fan in general, has accumulated so much sports memorabilia, that we went ahead and kept the sports theme going in the new spare bedroom since it could no longer be the "Trophy Room." Below are some pictures of the room now. Again, I wish I would have done before and after photos.







After the bed was removed from Kerrigan's room, we still had a bookshelf and two end tables in there. So those things got moved out into the garage. Now, Kerrigan's room is completely empty with the exception of a TV and an iPod player. It's ready to be painted and turned into a nursery... this is getting more and more real everyday! We bought some paint today at Home Depot... so I plan to get that project started up next weekend since I have a 3-day weekend. Plus, I would like to get the room painted before we get furniture just because it will be so much easier to maneuver.

Here are some pictures of the empty bedroom. Pretty soon it will be filled with baby furniture!









Here is a picture of the shelving system Aaron put up in her closet last weekend. Trust me, it will be much better organized once we get her furniture. Her car seat is shoved in there, along with her bedding. Trying not to get it too, too wrinkled!


But, as you can probably see, we are already beginning to stock up on diapers & wipes... and she's already got a little wardrobe going! There are some new things that have not been hung up yet; I'm waiting to wash it. Hopefully furniture will be ordered and set up soon. As soon as that gets done, I'll post photos!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend & a Happy Easter!

lj

2 comments:

  1. Your shower looked like so much fun! I love those cakes, too cute!! Also, Christin went to Hoover didn't she?! How neat... small world. You look so cute with your pregnant belly, hehe!! And, way to go to the organization. It looks great. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW...so exciting. I loved getting the room ready. So much fun. It is really coming along. Way to go Aaron...sounds like you have kept him busy!

    ReplyDelete